If you ‘re ready to build a website？ Maybe you have purchased domain name from Godaddy， Namechap， or Enom， and you have made a plan. So what？
After you purchased a domain name，the next what you should do is to point the domain name to the hosting account or a server， then build a website on that account.
Do you want to know how to finish it ？ Please look at the following instructions！
Now， I’ll show you how to use the free WordPress Content Management System （CMS） to build the website that you’re using！
The process of building a website
In fact， building website is not as tough as it sounds， and you don’t have to have a good command of programming skills， just follow me， I bet you’ll establish an excellent website， which can be seen in Google search rankings.
The process of making a basic website， adding prepared content， and submitting to Google for indexing，which can be completed within 30 minutes.
Don’t be afraid， just do it！
The contents that I’ll show you ：
· How to direct your domain to the hosting account
· How to build a website start from scratch with the help of WordPress
· How to ensure that your website can be found in Google
· How to acquire prospect business leads by your website
· How to make money from your website or blog
Above all， be sure you choose the companies that are reliable and reputable.
For example， what I use is Bluehost.com， which is reliable and economical.
And it also support 24/7 online customer service ， so you’ll get help any time ！
Besides， you’ll also need a theme.
A theme is a template for site appearance. Maybe you can get a personalized theme， but still a lot of websites use ready-made themes.
If you’re wondering how others get great themes， like FocusBlog theme from ThriveThemes.
Don’t worry， I’ll teach you a trick that I use！
Actually， you can also use the same theme as your favorite WordPress website.
Are you ready？ Read on for more introductions！
Step 1:Log in the Bluehost website to create your hosting account
You can go to the Bluehost website and click the get started now button.
Step 2： Select a hosting package
You can select the basic hosting package when you just need one website; if you want two or more， the plus package will be your choice.
As for me， I think it is better to begin with the basic hosting package， which is much cheaper. And you can upgrade it at any time to other hosting packages once you need.
You just need to pay the cost difference during the upgrade！
Step 3： Distribute a domain name to your hosting account
Once you already bought a domain name， you should input your pre-purchased domain under the box “I have a domain name.” Then click next.
And you can also register a new domain. As far as I’m concerned， I’d like to keep my domains name with a domain registrar.
Step 4： Set up your hosting account
Here you’ll fill in your personal details， choose the hosting package， and then pay by a credit or PayPal.
The length of the contract will affect your cost， the longer the contract you choose， the less money you will need to pay.
For example： If you choose the Bluehost basic hosting package for 36 months ， you’ll pay $3.95 per month. However， the one-year contract will cost you $5.45 per month.
When you consider purchasing a new domain with Bluehost， Domain Privacy Protection is a better choice，which can hide your personal information. Otherwise， your personal details will be revealed to spammers.
If you need extra security， you can also purchase other add-on services like Site Backup Pro， Search Engine Jumpstart or SiteLock Security and so on.
You can pay by credit card or click more payment options to choose PayPal.
In the end， you need to agree to the terms and conditions ，and then click submit， after completing the purchase ， now you can move to the next step.
Great！ you have finished the hard part. It is so easy，right？
Step 5： Set a password for your hosting account
Now， it’s time to set a password for your hosting account. You can either use a password generator or create one by yourself.
If you create a password by yourself， be sure that it is memorable， hard to guess， and you’d better recorded it somewhere in order to use later.
The password should be comprised of at least eight characters ， which ranges from capital and lowercase letters to a number， and a special character （？，！，#， etc）。
Step 6： Log into your hosting account
After creating the password， you’ll receive an email that contains your account username and other login information.
Right now， you can go to login.bluehost.com， and input your username and the password to log in this website.
Also， you can go to the Bluehost website， find the login icon in the upper right corner， as shown in the following picture：
If it is the first time for you to log into the Cpanel， there will be a welcome message appears like as below. And it will give you guidance to the next step， of course， you can select skip this.
Step 7:Directing the domain name to the hosting account or a server
This step is very important. You must do it try your best！
Please follow this：
Input the Bluehost nameservers details ，which can be seen in your Cpanel and domain registrar Custom DNS nameserver field.
Do you have problems？ Click here find more different domain registrars
There are some Bluehost nameservers：
Using Namecheap to Check out this example：
Step 8： Distribute a domain to your Cpanel account
This step is very important as well.
You should have a check to see if it correctly after directing your domain name to your hosting account.
If it works，you can continue to the next step：
Now， distribute it to Cpanel ， and there will be a folder appear on your server， prepare for your website installation.
If you feel confused， don’t be afraid， Bluehost will help you finish the above steps.
Check the guide below：
Follow this guide
Step 9： Navigate to the Install WordPress button
Now， it’s time to build the site itself.
Log into the Cpanel， scroll down to find the Website section， and click the Install WordPress button：
Step 10： Click install WordPress
The previous step will make you back to Mojo Marketplace， which will help you install WordPress.
Click the Get Started button at the bottom right of the page.
Step 11： Choose your favorite domain to install WordPress
Here I’ll show you how to choose the right domain name for your WordPress site：
You can consider the domain name that you have registered previously from the drop-down menu.
Here are two options：
You can choose the one that have www at the beginning， or without. Of course， it’s up to you.
After this， please click Next.
If you decide to install WordPress in the root directory， please ignore directory box.
Step 12： Setup the login username and password for WordPress
When you’re in this step， that means you have almost finished the WordPress installation！
Then you’re going to set up the login username and password， which is often used.
Be sure to check “I have read the terms and conditions of the GPLv2.”
You don’t have to check the new database that created automatically for this installation box， if you have already set up a database that you like.
You’d better choose a username and a secure password rather than your birthday or your dog’s name.
Step 13： Completing installation
Now ， the installation is almost completed.
Your WordPress username， password， and other details are included in View Credentials， you can click here have a look.
Don’t buy a theme right now， I’ll show you later.
Congratulations！ Your website is generated. It’s time to break out the champagne！
Step 14： Login to your WordPress website at the first time
This part is very interesting！
Do you want to make an excellent website that you like？ Here are some tips.
There are some administrator tools that will help you access your WordPress website：
Type in your domain name before /wp-admin.
For instance， if you have a domain that is yourwebsite.com， you can go to yourwebsite.com/wp-admin.
Then， enter the WordPress username and password that you set up above， and WordPress will welcome you.
After this， you’ll be given a prompt that ask if you need help setting up your WordPress website. You know you’ll select I don’t need help.
There is a WordPress Dashboard Walk-Through Video as follows：
Step 15： Unload unwanted pre-installed plugins
Plugins are software packages used to add functionalities or features to your website ， and you don’t need to write a single line of code.
There are two types of plugins， including free plugins and paid plugins.
Your site will come with a few plugins automatically. However， some are great， some will affect your website negatively.
So you’ll have to remove those useless plugins.
Find plugins， then click Installed Plugins as shown in the below.
I have only kept Akismet， which is used for fighting spam comments， I’m sure it will help you a lot.
Due to these plugins are active， you should deactivate them first， then delete them.
After you have chose the plugins you’re ready to delete， then choose Deactivate in the drop-down menu， and click Apply.
The next is clicking Delete from the drop-down menu， and then click Apply as the following picture：
After those unwanted plugins are deleted， you’ll find that your WordPress dashboard are in good order as the following picture.
Step 16： The settings of WordPress
The settings of WordPress are general settings for your website，which includes website title， website slogan，administrator email， time zone， preferred date format， time format， and site language.
Besides， you will make settings about how you will manage your authors and comments.
You can go to dashboard and click Settings as shown in the following picture to make those settings.
I’ll share my experience about settings in below：
Read this article patiently to find more details on what the settings parameters mean.
When you make some adjusts， don’t forget to save it， you can click
Save Changes here.
The following are a list of WordPress admin settings and the way I use them
What I’m using on my website is the general settings， please check it out as follows：
Writing settings. I didn’t make any adjusts.
Reading settings. I didn’t check the Search Engine Visibility box as the following picture. I hope my search engines can crawl， index my website， and make it appear everywhere.
· Discussion settings. I didn’t check the first two boxes under Default article settings as follows：
· Media settings. I didn’t make any changes.
· Permalinks settings. The format of Post name that I’m using as follows：
Step 17： Selecting a WordPress theme of your choice
Generally， a new WordPress installation comes with a default， pre-installed official WordPress theme， you can keep it if you like！
Also， you can choose the other types from thousands of themes.
For example， What EbizPursuits.com use is FocusBlog theme from ThriveThemes.
In fact， this theme isn’t that charming， but I like it， because it is in the order， which can help readers focus on the content.
And this kind of theme is also easy to customize. A single site license of this theme need to be paid $47， however， unlimited sites license need to be paid $67.
What’s more， we heard that the themes of ThriveThemes can boost conversions， they can be the ideal choice for digital marketers.
Above all， there is a customer support forum and a knowledge base in ThriveThemes， which can help you customize your theme easily on your own.
In addition，the themes from StudioPress are professional，which also draw my eyes.
But， it is much expensive， just the theme and a framework cost at least $100. I haven’t use it yet！
Previously， I always choose themes from MyThemeShop， where is filled with nice and free themes. What’s more， ThemeForest is also a huge theme marketplace that you can choose.
Anyway， the theme you select must be SEO friendly and responsive， also loads fast， and offers great support.
The responsive theme can make your website run properly on small screen devices ，such as Smartphones， and tablets 。
You can also use the theme from your preferred website！
If you find an excellent website that you like， you can use it as long as it is a WordPress site.
Ways to find a site’s theme：
· Are you using Windows？ If so， you can go to the website and right clicking. Select “View Source.” Or hit “CTRL+U.” Then ， click “CTRL+F” and search for “theme.”
· If you’re using MAC， hit Command+U. Then click “Option/Alt+Command+U” and search for “theme.”
ihostreport.com is using FocusBlog theme as shown in the following picture：
You can download the theme ZIP file to your computer after you
have decided on a theme.
This file will be used in the next step：
Step 18： Installing a WordPress theme
In this step， I’ll show you how to install the theme you have downloaded ， here I take FocusBlog theme as an example：
Find Appearance， then click Themes， as shown in the image below：
Then， click Add New.
Click Upload Theme.
Click Choose File to choose a theme file from your computer.
Click Install Now.
When your themes tart to install， you’ll receive a prompt message， which allow you choose between Live Preview or Activate the newly installed theme.
Choose to Activate the theme.
Now，you can go to your website to see what your new theme looks like！
Step 19： Theme customization
When it comes to theme customization， if you have used the FocusBlog theme， you’ll need to activate the license.
Click Activate License， input email address and the license key.
You can go to ThriveTheme website on your member dashboard section to get license key. Click My Account & License Keys to check.
After accessing your theme dashboard， you need to modify the General Settings.
I usually first to remove the theme author’s logo after installation.
Steps to remove a ThriveThemes logo：
First， if you don’t have an image logo， you can set your Logo Type to Text.
Second，write your Logo Text.
Then write your Footer Copyright Text.
If you want to get a logo at small cost， you can choose Fiverr， and a premium design from 99designs.
However， if you’re on a tight budget， a text logo will meet your needs.
If you want a particular look for your site， you can spare some time to go through ThriveTheme knowledge base， visit the Forum， and watch this video.
Step 20： Installing plugins
Here I’ll introduce the three most essential plugins to you.
And these need to be configured at the beginning， and others can be delayed if you don’t have enough time now.
Akismet is a plugin that can fight spam comments and any suspicious comment. It was already pre-installed with our WordPress installation.
Now， I’m using the basic plan for free. If you’re starting to use it ，you need to get API key first.
Steps to activate Akismet：
1. Click Plugins in the left-hand pane.
2. Click Activate under Akismet
3. Click Activate your Akismet account， and then click Create a new Akismet key.
4. After receiving the Akismet confirmation e-mail message， you can go to the WordPress plugins page again.
5. Click Settings under Akismet.
6. Click ‘I already have a key’。
7. Paste your API key in the Akismet API Key text box.
8. Click Save Changes.
9. Click Settings under Akismet to configure Akismet
How spam can be a problem for your site，you’ll find answer from the following picture.
Yoast is the best SEO plugin which can guide you to make your website search-engine friendly.
Your website will show up on search engine results pages （SERP） for specific keywords with the help of this great tool.
While it doesn’t mean that your website will definitely show up on the SERP for certain keywords， because there more than 200 ranking factors will affect your website rankings.
Besides ，you can also use paid ads and social media to attract visitors.
This plugin will help Google index your website if you use it correctly， but the premise is that you must have a Google Search Console account，which will get your website indexed fast by Google， and help monitor how your website performs on the Google search engine.
You can sign up for one here.
Steps to install and set up Yoast SEO plugin：
1. Click Plugins in the left-hand pane
2. Click Add New.
3. Write Yoast SEO in the Search box.
4. Click the Install Now link.
5. The plugin will automatically download and install itself within several seconds， then click Activate link.
6. Click Settings link.
7. Click Dashboard under the SEO menu.
8. Choose Your Info and fill in the info
9. Find Webmaster Tools in the top menu （same page） and sign up for Google Search Console with Gmail.
10. Input your site name in Search Console and to verify the site， choose alternate methods， HTML tag and from within that code， only copy the content part of the code to the textbox in our SEO plugin， then save changes.
11. In the Search Console window， Click verify.
12. Next， under SEO， choose the Titles & Metas settings and click on Taxonomies in the upper menu. Set Meta Robots as “noindex” for both Categories and Tags， then save.
13. Do the same with Archive and Others on the same page. Noindex “Date Archives”， “Author Archives” and “Subpages of archives”。
Google Analytics is a great tool will enable you to see how many visitors your website is getting， from where and what they’re doing on your website.
Google Analytics plays an important role in analyzing the performance of your website content and how visitors interact with the content.
First of all， you must have a Google Analytics account and at least one property， if you do not have an account， ， please sign up for one here.
If you do not have a property， please follow the steps here.
Please follow these steps to connect your website with the Google Analytics：
1. Click Settings under Insights in the left-hand pane.
2. Click the Re-authenticate with your Google Account button Under the General tab.
3. There will pop up a window asking for permission. You can click Allow. You’ll be prompted to log in if you haven’t do it. Please， login to the account with access to the Google Analytics property.
4. A success message will appear including a long alphanumeric code. Please highlight and copy the entire code.
5. Then close the window with the code to get back to your WordPress dashboard. After Paste your Google code here text， you can paste the code into the empty field. Click Save authentication code.
6. Choose the appropriate property for your website from the Analytics profile drop-down menu. Click Save changes at the bottom of the page.
7. Right now， your site is already connected with Google analytics.
8. Then， you can view the reports from Google Analytics page “My preference”， or click Dashboard under Insights to get quick stats from the plugin.
In addition， there are also some other useful plugins I use， I’ll not introduce the installation details for you ， I ‘m sure you have already known how to install and setup the plugins：
· WP External Links – It can configure settings for all internal and external links on your site， and make the external links on your website open in new tabs， keeping more visitors on your website.
· All In One WP Security -Protects your website against hackers.
· UpdraftPlus – Creats backups of your website Automatically， in case anything goes wrong.
· Contact Form 7 -It is the easiest way to create a contact page for your website.
· Q2W3 Fixed Widget – It can fix the positioning of the selected widgets when the page is scrolled down.
· W3 Total Cache- through cache content to improve the speed of your website
Smush -compress and optimize images automatically to improve website speed.
Step 21： Creating pages and adding pages to menu
The difference between pages and posts is easy to make us confused.
Posts are content entries listed in reverse chronological order on your blog’s home page.
The introduction about how to create a basic page：
1. Click Pages then Add New in the left-hand pane.
2. You can add text， images and more to build the page you want in a screen that looks like what you’ve maybe seen in Microsoft Word or your mail account， then click Publish ， or save a draft to work on it later.
Now， it’s time to add the pages we have created to the menu.
1. Click Appearance then Menus in the left-hand pane.
2. Name your Menu.
3. Find your page and add it to the list， click the checkbox next to it， and then Add to Menu. Also Posts， Custom Links， and Categories can be added to the menu.
There is my menu setting for ebizpursuits.com in the following picture， you can see that my navigation menu （Primary menu） has one category and two pages.
You can see my five-page footer menu setting in the below image：
Step 22:Creating posts
Once you have got a new website， then it’s time to create posts， here are concrete steps：
1. Click Posts then Add New in the left-hand pane.
2. When create posts， you should do the same like what you
do when writing an email. A catchy Title （Keyword targeted）， short URL will be the highlight， and images but not big size that can slow down your website should also be added， I recommend images below 100 Kb without sacrificing quality.
3. Add your meta description which will help with click through rate when your website shows up search results page.
4. You can Save Drafts if you haven’t finish it. Once finished， you need to add the right category for it and hit Publish.
5. Update your post anytime.
Before creating posts， you’d better familiarize yourself with keyword research. The reasons are：
You want to write posts that answer questions that people search for on Google！ You can realize it by landing in top 10 results of a Google search results for certain keywords if all the SEO factors have been accounted for.
You can watch a video to learn how to add posts to categories and tags：
Here I’ll show you the ways to control your sidebars：
Go to “Appearance，” then “Widgets.”
You can drag and drop Widgets on the sidebar of your choice.
You can delete a widget by dragging it back.
The setting of my sidebar as follows：
Step 24： How to make money with your website and collect leads
Monetizing your website is an easiest way to make online cash， even though it takes work， once you get set everything set up， you’ll get huge rewards.
I’ll show you some ways I have tried in the following：
1. Google Adsense –Display ads on your website， for example， nocodewebsraping.com is displaying Google AdSense ads. A good website in a right niche that has high traffic will bring you financial gains. More times an ad shows to visitors and more frequently visitors click the ads， the much money you’ll make.
2. Amazon affiliate – Once someone goes to Amazon through your link and buys any stuff within 24 hours of you referring him/her to Amazon， you’ll get a commission. Most review sites use this method，for example， www.bestproducts.com 。
3. Bluehost Affiliates- you’ll get a commission once someone purchases a hosting account through your link.
4. Many bloggers always use the way of email marketing， you can have a try. Check this guide on how you can make money with your email list.
What mentioned above are the most important aspects of making a website， you should continue learning more about other moving parts！
Follow my guides above， you’ll be building websites in less than 10 minutes easily.
Have any questions any more？ You can leave your questions in the comments section below or send me an email through the contact form！ Looking forward your message.