Comparison Between Air-cooling And Water-cooling Data Center
Today， we will introduce some differences between the air-cooling and water-cooling data centers. The detailed information is as follows：
1. The air-cooling structure needs no cooling tower and water pump， making it a simper design， easier installation and lower costs. While the water-cooling one still needs the additional devices such as cooling towers and water pumps， bringing it a more complex layout and relatively high costs.
2. The host of air conditioner can be installed on the roof or ground instead of a dedicated computer room. But the water-cooling center definitely needs a separate engine room to hold those running servers.
3. The air-cooling one seems more flexible and convenient and has no need to hire a professional staff for the management， which also beats the water-cooling room.
4. The air-cooling‘s can raise or decrease the temperature according to the outside weather. However， the water cooling center can only keep the room’s temperature rather cold. And if you want to raise the centigrade， you may need purchase the warming appliances.
5. The double compressor design in air-cooling center realizes the function of the automatic energy adjustment and can start the units according to the operating time， which has definitely outglittered the latter one.
6. The air-cooling center imports the flexible scroll compressor which is very easy to maintenance. The helical-lobe compressor seems more complicated for the technician in the water-cooling one to take care of. And this must cause more expenditures.
7. When one of the units fails， other machines will not be affected in the condition of the air-cooling center. But this situation will not happen in the water-cooling one. Because once one machine breaks down， the whole system will go into the big trouble.